Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Workout for Wednesday, December 28

Another day at home.  I could get used to this!

Today I did Firm Strength, which is was originally called Strong Body.  This is a 55 minute "Cross-trainer" lead by Pam Cauthen.  The workout was marketed with Firm Cardio (aka Strong Heart).  Both were filmed in a library setting, which seems a little weird, especially with the wallpaper printed with bookshelves.

That said, this is one of my favorite Firm workouts.  There are some kooky editing errors in it (i.e., "get ready for leg press" right after you did leg presses and are getting ready for dips), but it doesn't take away from the workout.  The only thing that would make this workout perfection is some lying side outer thigh work.  I love the fact that there is some cardio inter-spread between slow-moving strength work.  Nothing moves too fast, and it thoroughly works you out (given that you use challenging weights).  It utilizes a barbell, ankle weights, dumbbells, tall and short steps (short step only for the warm-up), and a towel.

2 comments:

  1. Jez, I'm enjoying reading your blog. I still the The Firm workouts are the best. I'm going to follow your plan. I don't have The Wave...is it necessary? What are your thoughts on it? Not sure why it says I'm unknown. Anyway, it's muffins135 from Video Fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Muffins:

    I'm glad you are enjoying the blog! Re: the Wave, I enjoy the workouts, but I don't think it's crucial to get the set. There are plenty of other Firm workouts that work just as well. It's a fun addition though!

    ReplyDelete