Friday, December 23, 2011

Workout for Friday, December 23, 2011

Last night I took the night off since we had a party to attend.  We have another party tonight, however I'm off from work today so I had time to get one in.  I will be off from workouts on Saturday and Sunday as DH and I will be in PA visiting our families.  We drive back on Monday, and I have all of my workouts planned for the next week.

As I mentioned before, my eating this last month has been TERRIBLE.  There have been too many parties, lunches and dinners out, and goodies laying all around.  Typically I journal every morsel of food and I've kept that up for over a year, which played a big part in me losing weight.  Once I get sloppy with that habit, I get sloppy with my eating.  We are planning a Biggest Loser-style contest at work, starting the first week of January and going through the last week in March.  This is perfect for me because DH and I are going on another cruise at the end of March...I plan to have dropped this recently gained weight by then (plus hopefully a few more pounds!).

Today I did The FIRM High Def Sculpt with Annie Lee.  This is part of the CardioWeights series.  I'm not sure what happened when The Firm put this workout together, but the cuing is way off on a lot of it, and Annie just seems so staged and awkward.  I felt bad for her.  She leads other workouts and does a great job.  I think maybe they just didn't rehearse this one enough.  The good thing is that the workout moves slowly, so if you miss a rep (which happens because it's poorly cued), you can catch up easily.  This is a strength-based workout and is 45 minutes.  There is a decent variety of exercises and most everything gets hit fairly well.  I'd suggest going a little heavier with most of the exercises because the moves are slow enough to accommodate that.


No comments:

Post a Comment