Monday, January 30, 2012

Workout for Monday, January 30

Well, it occurred to me that our next cruise is exactly 60 days away, and I had really wanted to be close to my goal by then.  Unfortunately, the scale is just not cooperating.  I've lost 4.5 pounds since January 1, but I'm still trying to chisel away the holiday pounds.

My eating has been pretty good, though it's hard when you eat out a lot.  I always seem to have something.  Like this week I have two lunch meetings, a walking trip with DH to Panera tomorrow night, a girls' night out on Wednesday night, and this weekend we'll be going out on Saturday at least once (twice if we're visiting our families in PA...haven't decided if we're going there or not).  So that makes watching the calories a little more difficult.

I've been consistent with my workouts, but I think I need to kick it up a notch.  So this morning I woke up at the butt crack of dawn so that I could get a workout in before work.  I did Brazil Butt Lift High and Tight, which is my favorite workout of the Brazil Butt Lift series.  It's about 37 minutes and I always feel it.  I'm hoping to do this one and Winsor Pilates fairly consistently before the cruise as they do seem to tighten things up for me.


Tonight I did Firm Volume 6 (aka "Boomers).  This is from the Classics series, featuring Jayme Poteet.  It clocks in at 52 minutes and has a lengthy warm up and cool down stretch.  There are some portions that are tough (the hover squats alternated with shoulder presses with the barbell come to mind).  Other parts are easy, so it evens out.

No comments:

Post a Comment