Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Workout for Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tonight I did The FIRM Prime Power Fat Burning Workout.

Hmm...where to begin.  This is a lesser-known Firm and one that makes you scratch your head and go "hmmm..."  Just check out the cover...LOL!  I don't think this is the cover it was actually released with though.  I got mine many moons ago in a plain, white cover.

Anna Benson, one of the Firm Founders, was the creative force behind The Firm.  Sadly, she passed away around this time last year.  I have to say that she got really creative with this one.

Let's start with the set.  Half jungle, half beach.  A couple of statues of cheetahs with glowing eyes (see cover!).  A big fake sun up top.  A statue of a man's face lying somewhere in the background (see cover!).  Zebra-striped rugs.  And the music?  Marching bands, some Christmas-y sounding stuff, some Star-Wars kind of thing, something with a telephone in it (I actually almost paused to listen to see if my phone was ringing), and a Chariots of Fire-type stretch song.

This one was led by Stacy Millner-Collins, and she was a little better in this one.  A little.  Her timing was still off on some parts, and she tends to forget to tell you to get your weights or step or whatever.  Once she told you to put your stool away so that you can do abs, but you needed it to do them.  Nice thing to do after you already laid down.

The workout is about 45 minutes long, and although you would think that given the name it would be more cardio-based, the cardio is very easy.  What isn't easy is some of the arm work.  There is a seated segment that almost made me cry.  And I was only using five pound dumbbells.  They should have named this one Upper Body, as a cross-trainer to the other Prime Power which targets the lower body.

4 comments:

  1. I dont think I have ever tried this one. I had one of the PP's on VHS but my vcr died. On my wishlist is to do at least once, every firm ever made :)well the old ones at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey...you would remember if you did this one. It's definitely "out there!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jez,

    I love this one even though it is quirky!! The section that made you cry must be the shoulder section!! It brings me to near tears every time!!

    Patricia:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia: Yep...the shoulder section! OY!

    ReplyDelete